Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

No sleep for the weary

Sleep eludes me... No tears, Just memories. I'm exhausted, but sleep does not come. Never imagined a pain so sharp, so abrupt. Where will I go next, what happens next... How do I move on? I have two sweet babies right here on earth to mold and they need me, but ohhh I wish they knew how I needed them. They are the reason I can get out of bed, they are the reason I can smile today, or laugh tomorrow. It hurts that they must carry such a heavy burden... To carry me. That they must know such sadness. Stetson asks me once a day to tell him what happened to Branson again, such a young age to fathom this sadness. We try to say something we remember about Branson every day and how it makes us smile. My reason for carrying on... I know God has been preparing us, I'm sure for a long time he has been preparing us for this very day and time in our lives. But I feel so unprepared for this, I was blindsided it seems. I've begged God for a reason... You'll see in time he says. I've begged him to bring him back... I can't my child he says. I've begged to take his place... It's not your time he says. So many unanswered questions... So much to figure out.

3 comments:

  1. My heart still breaks for you. You are an incredible woman Brit, one of the strongest I have ever known and that is even MORE evident over this past week. Your babies are incredibly lucky to have you as a momma. I love you, and I’m here for you guys if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britni, I'm still so sorry you are having to go through this! I love the way you express yourself....probably a good healing tool. I will continue to pray for you and your family; that He will give you the strength to carry on each day.
    He will carry you through!!

    ReplyDelete