Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Two weeks

How can that be?  Can two weeks go by so quickly, yet so agonizingly slow?! I still smile, I still laugh, but my heart feels so empty.  I miss him eating food off the floor or crawling around right behind me, I miss him crying at 3am and miss breastfeeding him so much.  Its such a sharp pain...will it ever become a dull pain?!

Yesterday as I was sweeping the floor I hurt because I used to have to constantly move the pile around because he would come try to eat the pile and when I was cooking he would be right there by my feet.  I don't just miss him, I miss everything he used to do that drove me crazy.  I would give anything for one more minute or one more day to see a sweet smile or food in his mouth...or anything...

We should be getting his ashes soon, they haven't called yet, but it should be any day now.  I feel like that should be hard for me, but I don't know if it will be.  I'm having such a hard time crying and letting it all out. We ordered a beautiful urn that we should be getting in the mail today so I will try to post a pic later.  Crazy that I should have to order an urn.  I'm only 27 should I really be dealing with the death of my child right now?!  Stetson asked Cody and I the other day "when is Branson coming back?"  I thought we were doing ok explaining it all, but its so hard for a 6 yr old to grasp I guess.  We had to tell him that he wasn't coming back, but he was in Heaven with Jesus and some day a very long time from now we would see him again.  My heart breaks for my boy, that he should have to try to grasp such pain.  I wonder what he thinks and feels about that day...he was there after all.  He was in the midst of all the craziness with the paramedics and the police...oh how I wish I had been there for him and sweet Kinlee.  I know they were well taken care of, but my babies...

Two weeks....and time moves on.  

2 comments:

  1. I know really not anything can take away your pain but I get inspiration from reading your post you are a strong sweet girl and just kkep mourning and being a mommy. Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britni...still praying for you daily! Maybe you will get some comfort when you receive his ashes and find out what happened to your sweet baby. God will sustain you! I enjoy reading your posts!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete